Specializations of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Scholarship King Fahd University:
The Deanship of Graduate Studies at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) is pleased to announce that KFUPM provides full MS and PhD scholarships for distinguished graduate applicants who demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in the fields of Engineering, Sciences, and Business.
The online application portal is open twice every academic year. All interested and eligible, local and International candidates are invited to apply
Distinguished Partnership of KFUPM with International Institutions KFUPM has a very strong collaborative partnership on conducting innovative research with the following International Institutions:
- MIT: Clean Water and Clean Energy.
- Stanford: Oil, Gas, and Geosciences.
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech): Petrochemicals and Polymers.
- Technical University of Munich: Refining and Petrochemicals.
- Cambridge University: Oil and Gas.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech): Geo-signal Processing and Smart Grids.
- National University of Singapore: Refining and Petrochemicals
- KAUST: Many research disciplines in Engineering and Sciences.
- Saudi Aramco (the largest oil company worldwide): Many research disciplines.
- SABIC (one of the leading petrochemical companies worldwide): Refining, Petrochemical, and Polymers.
- In addition to many world-class universities and industries in different research fields.
Centers for Research Excellence at KFUPM To provide extreme support for research in areas of excellence, KFUPM has established the National Centers for Research Excellence in the following areas:
- KFUPM-MIT Collaboration Center on Clean Water and Clean Energy (http://ccwce.mit.edu/).
- Nanotechnology (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/cent/).
- Renewable Energy (http://corere.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- Refining and Petrochemicals (http://core-prp.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- Corrosion (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/corec/).
- Transformative Research in Petrochemicals and Polymers (http://cid-rpp.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- Maintenance (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/ceim/).
- Supply Chain Management (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/cescm/).
- Carbon Capture and Sequestration.
The Research Institute
The Research Institute is the cornerstone of applied research activities at KFUPM, solving critical scientific and technical problems as well as working on turning knowledge into practice. More details are available on the website of the Research Institute at the link: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/ri/
Research Groups at KFUPM
To provide special support for research in focused areas of interest to Saudi Arabia, KFUPM has established 13 Research Groups in Science and Engineering areas. More details are available on the website of the Deanship of Scientific Research at the link: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/dsr/
Graduate programs offered at KFUPM
|Chemical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|City & Regional Planning||M.C.R.P.|
|Civil & Environmental Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Computer Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Computer Science||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Construction Engineering & Management||M.Sc.|
|Electrical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Industrial & Systems Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Information Assurance & Security||M.Sc.|
|Materials Science & Engineering||M.Sc.|
|Mathematical Sciences||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Mechanical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Medical Physics||M. Med. Phys.|
|Petroleum Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Systems & Control Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
A copy of the ID (national identity – Saudi citizen / passport – applicants from outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia / residency – residents of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
Full official transcripts [PhD. Applicants – master’s and bachelor’s copy for master’s applicants – Bachelor’s transcript (the transcript should contain the names and degrees of all courses taught and it must be an official transcript)
Three (3) letters of recommendation from academic referees submitted through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
Statement of Purpose (one-page essay focusing on your career and research goals at FUPM).
Passport size photo with white background (optional for females)
A CV briefly lists your educational and work experiences.
GMAT (for International MBA applicants).
Note: The application will not be processed at all without the above mandatory documents.
Documents are not mandatory to apply online but are required before final admission:
TOEFL (minimum score 68 for Masters and 79 for PhD) or IELTS (minimum score 6.0 for Masters and 6.5 for PhD) if available
GRE score sheet (General) (required for engineering and science programs) if available
Degree (s) Certificates if the degree is awarded
All interested and eligible, local and international candidates are invited to apply for Graduate Studies at KFUPM according to the
deadlines in this link: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/Pages/en/Application-Deadlines.aspx
Deadlines for Prospective Applicants (Online application Deadlines):
All interested and eligible, local and international candidates are invited to apply for Graduate Studies at KFUPM according to the deadlines mentioned below:
|Action/Deadline||Fall Semester (Sep. 2020)||Spring Semester(Jan. 2021)|
|Opening Online Application||Jan. 27, 2020||Sep. 07, 2020|
|Last Day for submitting Online Application and Uploading Documents.||Feb. 12, 2020||Sep. 22, 2020|
|Last Day for submitting Online Recommendations||Feb. 19, 2020||Sep. 29, 2020|
For any questions or further clarifications, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or Telephone: +966-3-860-2800, or check our website at http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/Default.aspx
If the link does not work, please use the VPN