About Korea Scholarship: –
Compared with English speaking countries (like the UK and the USA) or Japan, Korea has lower tuition fees, living costs and also well-prepared scholarship programs for international students.
The Korean government has provided scholarships to 6,556 international students from 148 nations since 1967, and supports approximately 2,000 students annually. Applicants can also search other financial support programs offered through specific universities, foundations and companies.
Korea Scholarship Purpose: –
To provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
Available Options in Universities: –
Undergraduate course: 4-year courses at designated universities
※ Transferring between universities is not allowed. (e.g. Starting studies at the junior year is not allowed.)
Graduate course: Master’s or Ph.D. courses at general graduate schools of Korean universities
Korea Scholarship Total Candidates to be Selected: –
170 persons (undergraduate course), 700 persons (graduate course)
Scholarship Korea Language Training: –
Grantees are required to take Korean language training courses for 1 year at a language institution located on-campus of the domestic universities. (Those who have attained a Korean language fluency score higher than level 5 in TOPIK are exempt from this requirement.)
Korea Scholarship Qualifications: –
Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
※ Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
– Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
– Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
– Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
– Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
– Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
– Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
※ Applicants who have previously acheived in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
However, a former or current KGSP scholar who hold the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
Korea Scholarship Benefit
|Actual cost||KRW 200,000||Under
than 5 million
KRW per semester)
Korea Scholarship Study Fields:
All Fields except Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Architecture
Available Scholarship Universities and Fields of Study : 4-Year Bachelor’s degree
|1||Andong National University||11||Dongguk University, Gyeongju||21||Kangwon National University||31||Pusan National University|
|2||Busan University of Foreign Studies||12||Dongseo University||22||Keimyung University||32||Semyung University|
|3||Chonbuk National University||13||Hallym University||23||Kongju National University||33||Silla University|
|4||Chonnam National University||14||Handong Global University||24||Konyang University||34||Soonchunhyang University|
|5||Chosun University||15||Hannam University||25||Kumoh National Institute of Technology||35||Sunmoon University|
|6||Chungbuk National University||16||Hanseo University||26||Kyungpook National University||36||University of Ulsan|
|7||Chungnam National University||17||Hoseo University||27||Kyungsung University||37||Woosuk University|
|8||Daegu University||18||Inje University||28||Namseoul University||38||Yeungnam University|
|9||Daejeon University||19||Jeju National University||29||Pai Chai University|
|10||Dong-A University||20||Jeonju University||30||Pukyong National University|
How to apply and requerd docments in Korea Scholarship: –
- Required Documents: 1 set of the original documents below, and 3 sets of the photocopies of the original
- Completed Application Form (Form 1)
- NIIED Pledge (Form 2)
- Personal Statement (Form 3)
- Study Plan (Form 4)
- Two Recommendation Letters (Form 5)
- Must be from two separate recommenders.
- The letters must be written by someone who can give in-depth assessment on the applicant’s abilities, including a high school teacher, principal, or academic advisor.
- Completed Self Medical Assessment (Form 6)
- Graduation Certificate of High School or Provisional Graduation Certificate
- Those who are expected to graduate by March 1, 2020 may submit a provisional graduation certificate of high school.
- High School Grade Transcript (including a description of the school’s grading system)
- Certificates of Citizenship of the Applicant and Parents (Examples: a birth certificate, a government-issued certificate indicating the parent-child relationship, a family register, or parents’ passport copies)
- Copy of the Applicant’s Passport (only for candidates who successfully pass the 2nd round of selection
NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates.
Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
Application deadline: –
Contact Korean Embassy in Sudan:
The deadline for applications may vary from country to country; for the baccalaureate is expected in September or early October. Masters and PhDs are expected to be in February 2020
Here in Sudan, the embassy will set the exact date for the grant so that they can communicate with them by receiving their title under the post. The results of the winners will be announced by the end of November for the baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral levels by the end of April.
Please check with the Embassy to confirm their addresses
* For further inquiries, please contact the Embassy as described below:
Embassy Contact Information:
Sudan, Khartoum, Khartoum 2, Al Jazeera Street, House No. 55, P.O. 2414
Phone: + 249-8358-13131
Fax: + 249-8358-12525
E-mail: [email protected]