Master of Business Administration for Small Enterprise Promotion and Training Scholarship from Leipzig University in Germany fully Funded
Scholarship Master of Business Administration for Small Enterprise Promotion and Training from Leipzig University in Germany fully funded up to 10,200 euros per year
About the University:
Leipzig University (German: Universität Leipzig), in Leipzig in the Free State of Saxony, Germany, is one of the world’s oldest universities and the second-oldest university (by consecutive years of existence) in Germany. The university was founded on December 2, 1409 by Frederick I, Elector of Saxony and his brother William II, Margrave of Meissen, and originally comprised the four scholastic faculties. Since its inception, the university has engaged in teaching and research for over 600 years without interruption.
Master of Business Administration for Small Enterprise Promotion and Training- English language – 22 months
Field of Study: Social Sciences, Economics
Degree type : Postgraduate
Course Start: Winter Semester
Admission Restriction: without admission restriction
Standard period of study: Four semesters
Established in Leipzig, the Small Enterprise Promotion and Training Master of Business Administration (MBA) combines questions of the professional management of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with problems and perspectives of business and economic development. It provides a thorough understanding of management as the basis for positions of leadership not just in the private sector, but especially in institutions and organisations involved in business development and foreign assistance. The spectrum ranges from the very smallest activities on the threshold of subsistence all the way through to dynamic medium-sized enterprises with good growth prospects. In addition to aspects of income and employment security, students examine questions as to the growth and innovation potential of small and medium-sized enterprises, the prerequisites for their international competitiveness, and their integration into global economic cycles.
Graduates are equipped with the following knowledge:
- expertise and specialised knowledge of the promotion of small and medium-sized enterprises, especially in the specific context of developing countries and transition economies
- expertise and specialised knowledge of the particular aspects of founding and successfully managing small and medium-sized enterprises
- awareness and knowledge of the specific institutional, legal and social environment of small and medium-sized enterprises
- an ability to evaluate small and medium-sized enterprises, projects, programmes and private sector development policies
- communication, presentation and leadership skills
- an ability to work in interdisciplinary teams and different cultural contexts.
- The scholarship is fully funded, monthly payments of € 850 for graduates
- Health insurance and personal accident insurance payments
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or other source of funding
- A university degree in economics, social sciences, natural sciences or engineering, or a comparable university degree; A 4-year undergraduate degree or its equivalent from a reputable university
- Documentation of English proficiency*
- Minimum two years of relevant career experience
- Excellent computer skills, at least in the use of software for word processing (e.g. MS-Word), spreadsheets (e.g. MS-Excel) and statistical analysis programs (e.g. SPSS, STATA)
- Basic knowledge of economics and/or economic issues
The degree programme is geared towards specialists and executives in the fields of management consultation for SMEs and business development. Students are mainly recruited from developing countries and transition economies.
Module 101: Foundations of economics and development
Module 102: Entrepreneurship management
Module 103: Strategies for the development of small and medium-sized enterprises
Module 201: Innovation management in small and medium-sized enterprises
Module 202: Marketing in small and medium-sized enterprises
Module 203: SME finance
Module 204: Competence development in SMEs
Module 206: Internship in Germany or Europe (6 weeks)
Module 205: Research methodology and project management
Each participant conducts his or her research project in conjunction with a business development institution in his or her home country.
Module 401 SEPT colloquium
List of required documents for a complete application:
- Motivation letter of maximum 2 pages, which describes your motivation and merits for being part of SEPT program
- One comprehensive Curriculum-Vitae
- One original certified copy of School-leaving certificate (high school diploma), giving right of entry to higher education in the home country
- One original certified copy of university diplomas, degree certificates and transcripts indicating the final grades; accompanied by an explanation of the grading system
- One original English examination score report or an original certified copy of it (IELTS academic or TOEFL ibt or Letter of English as medium of instruction at University)
- Original official letter(s) as proof of employment for at least two years from the previous and/or current employer
- Two original letters of recommendation, one academic and one professional
- DAAD EPOS Scholarship Application Form (if applying for DAAD EPOS scholarship)
- Letter of confirmation of scholarship-donor IF applicable or status of application procedure (i.e. copy of a letter of application)
- All documents related to academic background (e.g. school leaving certificate, bachelor degree, academic transcripts, etc.) must be submitted as original certified copies.
- A certified copy should have an ink signature and ink stamp confirming that it is a true copy of the original. The term original certified copy means the applicant must submit the document that carries the original ink stamp and ink signature and not a photocopy or scanned printed copy of the certified copy.
- All certificates and transcripts not issued originally in German or English must be translated into either English or German by a recognized/sworn translator. The translation must be submitted either as original or as an original certified copy.
- Application documents cannot be returned, therefore please refrain from sending original academic documents such as school leaving certificate and degree certificate.
- After your written application has been submitted and reviewed, you may be contacted for further information or interview.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into consideration.
- Submission of a complete and correct application is entire responsibility of the applicant.
- Please be aware that an automatic confirmation of receipt of the application will not be given.
- The maximum age is 25.
Required documents (in order) for DAAD:
- Fill in the application form
- CV signed by hand on the European model:
- hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) maximum 2 pages
- academic letter/s of recommendation (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date
- professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date)
- confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and -if possible- a guarantee of reemployment upon your return home
- English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: We only accept an academic TOEFL)
- (certified*) copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- (certified*) copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if necessary) Certified copy of academic certificate details (translated to the English language)
How to apply: –
- All applicants looking forward to study the SEPT Program must first fill out the official September online Application-form.
- In addition to the submission of this online application form, the following documents must be sent via post mail and arrive in the September offices before or on the deadline.Please send your documents by mail to the following address:
International SEPT Program
04109 Leipzig Germany
Application deadline: 1.10.2019
Selection and study began in the Scholarships for DAAD:
After the scholarship candidates arrive in Germany, they are subjected to an admission test
Consists of: –
- First academic test (must score above average)
- High Performance Test (Level 3)
- Language Skills Test (Level 3)
Contact: Leipzig University | Ritterstraße 9-13 | 04109 Leipzig
Professor Utz Dornberger, Institute of African Studies
Khan Muhammad Taimur
Phone: +49 341 97-39762 | Email: [email protected]
Sponsor: The German Cultural Exchange (DAAD)
Brochure (pdf) | FAQ (pdf) | Recourses