Master of science scholarship from University of Hannover in Germany to study the Master in Water Resources and Environmental Management – WATENV fully funded salary up to 850 euros per month
About the University:
The University of Hanover, officially the Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Universität Hannover, short Leibniz University Hannover, is a public university located in Hannover, Germany. Founded on May 2, 1831, it is one of the largest and oldest science and technology universities in Germany. In the 2014/15 school year it enrolled 25,688 students, of which 2,121 were from foreign countries. It has nine faculties which offer 190 full and part degree programs in 38 fields of study.The University is named after Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz, the 18th century mathematician and philosopher.
Master of science in Water Resources and Environmental Management – WATENV in English language – 24 months
Area of focus: –
- Coastal engineering
- Environmental economics and computer science
- Flow and transport processes
- Hydraulic engineering
- Hydrology and water resources management
- Industrial water management
- Sanitary engineering
- Solid waste management
- Water supply
About Scholarships: –
Water Resources and Environmental Management is a research-oriented international Master of Science programme delivered in English. Students acquire interdisciplinary specialist knowledge and key transferable skills in sustainable water resources management. By the time they have completed the programme, graduates are capable of taking on positions of responsibility, e.g. in research, for water authorities or senior environmental administrative bodies. Sustainable development in all areas of water resources management and sanitary engineering is extremely important for present and future generations. After all, the quality and availability of water are increasingly under threat from societal and environmental change. Problems such as water scarcity, flooding and environmental pollution are increasing throughout the world, resulting in a great demand for experts.
Engineers in the field of water resources and environmental management are qualified to seek responses to these global problems. Since the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geodetic Science has a strong background in water-related sciences, it offers the ideal frame for this Master’s degree programme. Professors at the faculty have excellent international ties and undertake a range of other measures to enable the faculty to cooperate closely with partners abroad. In this English-language Master’s programme, students are integrated in research teams, many of which are involved in international research projects.
- The scholarship is fully funded, monthly payments of € 850 for graduates
- Health insurance and personal accident insurance payments
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or other source of funding
- Students should have acquired a basic knowledge of water resources and environmental management at the undergraduate stage and may already have gained initial work experience in these areas.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries must produce evidence of sufficient knowledge of the English language. This can take the form of one of the following language tests: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or CAE (Certificate in Advanced English).
Graduates work in various areas of engineering and environmental sciences. They are prepared for assuming executive positions at universities, research institutions, as well as national and international organisations. Graduates may also find employment with engineering consultants involved in the planning and maintenance of water resources facilities and with administrative agencies for water resources management. Globally increasing water resources problems mean that graduates will have a wide range of job opportunities, both now and in the future.
Required documents (in order):
- Fill in the application form
- CV signed by hand on the European model:
- hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) maximum 2 pages
- academic letter/s of recommendation (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date
- professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date)
- confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and -if possible- a guarantee of reemployment upon your return home
- English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: We only accept an academic TOEFL)
- (certified*) copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- (certified*) copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if necessary) Certified copy of academic certificate details (translated to the English language)
- Link PDF
Application deadline: – 30.09.2019
How to Apply: – Go to link
Selection and study began in the Scholarships: –
After the scholarship candidates arrive in Germany, they are subjected to an admission test
Consists of: –
- First academic test (must score above average)
- High Performance Test (Level 3)
- Language Skills Test (Level 3)
Communication and Consulting: –
Student Advisory Services
PHONE +49 511 762 2020
EMAIL: [email protected]r.de