Scholarship Master of science in Agricultural Sciences and Resource Management in the Tropics and Subtropics from University of Bonn in Germany fully funded up to 850 euros per month
About the University:
The University of Bonn (German: Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn) is a public research university located in Bonn, Germany. It was founded in its present form as the Rhein-Universität (English: Rhine University) on 18 October 1818 by Frederick William III, as the linear successor of the Kurkölnische Akademie Bonn (English: Academy of the Prince-elector of Cologne) which was founded in 1777. The University of Bonn offers a large number of undergraduate and graduate programs in a range of subjects and has 544 professors and 32,500 students. Its library holds more than five million volumes.
Master of science in in Agricultural Sciences and Resource Management in the Tropics and Subtropics – English language – 24 months
Course focus: –
The ARTS postgraduate study program is designed as a multidisciplinary approach to expand students’ overall background in the basic and applied management of natural resources for agricultural research and development in (sub)tropical environments. Students are trained to develop a holistic, cross-disciplinary understanding and acquire a systems’ view of structure, use, interactions, and management of natural resources. The 24-months training involves a balanced curriculum of class room lectures, interactive seminars on current resource management issues, hands-on training in methods and research technologies, and practical field experience in the (sub)tropics. The course language is English.
Value of study: –
Graduates from the ARTS Master program are equipped with skills and tools to recognize and solve problems related to (sub)tropical resource management, thus: –
- making them more effective leaders for agricultural, development
- preparing them for agricultural and environmental, research and development positions
- providing an entry qualification for Ph.D. Programs.
- The scholarship is fully funded, monthly payments of € 850 for graduates
- Health insurance and personal accident insurance payments
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or other source of funding
- A B.Sc. or equivalent in Agricultural Sciences or a field related to the postgraduate program with an above-average grade from a university or college
- Last academic degree completed not more than 6 years ago (for DAAD application)
- At least two years’ professional experience in agriculture is desirable
- Proficiency in English is required – TOEFL IBT 60 points or IELTS band 6 – certificate
- Age limit: 36 years
List of required documents for a complete application:
- ARTS application form
- 2-3 pages scientific research proposal (please send also a soft copy to the e-mail address [email protected])
- English language certificate
- Two letters of recommendation by employers (if the work is relevant to this application) or by professors who teach in the applicant’s major subjects
- degree award -> authenticated hard copy (seal or raised seal with original signature)
- academic transcript -> authenticated hard copy (seal or raised seal with original signature)
Keep in mind:
- All documents have to be in English or German or you have to add an authenticated English translation.
- An explanation of the system of marking must be attached to all certifications.
- Where applicable, add documents about practical trainings you received or work experiences.
- Online application is not possible.
- Your application has to be received before the deadline.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The deadline for EU or EEA citizen and visa free citizen is only valid for persons, which don´t need a visa to study in Germany before their arrival. Keep in mind that you have to proof your way of financing your studies at the agency for foreign people in the city of Bonn after your arrival (probably not if you are an EU or EEA citizen), if you are allowed to enter Germany without visa.
Required documents (in order) for DAAD:
- Fill in the application form
- CV signed by hand on the European model:
- hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) maximum 2 pages
- academic letter/s of recommendation (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date
- professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date)
- confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and -if possible- a guarantee of reemployment upon your return home
- English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: We only accept an academic TOEFL)
- (certified*) copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- (certified*) copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if necessary) Certified copy of academic certificate details (translated to the English language)
Application deadline: 15.09.2019
How to Apply: Go to link
Selection and study began in the Scholarships for DAAD:
– After the scholarship candidates arrive in Germany, they are subjected to an admission test
Consists of: –
- First academic test (must score above average)
- High Performance Test (Level 3)
- Language Skills Test (Level 3)
Postal address: ARTS Secretariat Nut alley 1 53115 Bonn Germany
e-mail: [email protected]
Tel.: (+0049 (0) 228) 73 33 64
Fax.: (+0049 (0) 228) 73 26 19
Office hours: at the moment only on appointment Please contact the ARTS office via email for an appointment.
Sponsor: The German Cultural Exchange (DAAD)